Notre Dame Winter/Spring

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Well he sure as heck didn't go to L$U for a degree. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

ND Lacrosse looking very strong. They beat #5 Virginia 18-9 in the ACC semis.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Don't know much about lacrosse but from what I am reading that win vs UVA was a clinic, a beat down, etc.

They play Duke on Sunday for the ACC Championship.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Irish lacrosse gets a big win over Duke and wins the ACC tournament. They are also the regular season ACC Champs.

Irish will no doubt be the overall #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. Great season for the men.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

This Irish team is very talented and can win it all in the NCAAs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Terry O'Keefe

Irish women's basketball picked up a really good Portal player in Lizz Karlen a transfer from Marquette. She's a forward and will fit well with Maddy Westbeld.

One of the best portal options is off the board as Marquette transfer Liza Karlen announced her commitment to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

The 6-2 senior averaged a career-high 17.7 points, 7.9 rebounds and 1.2 blocks last season while shooting 50% from the field and 36% from deep.

She’s collected several accolades throughout her collegiate career, including being named to the 2023-24 All-Big East first team and earning AP Player of the Week honors in December of last season. She also led Marquette with 10 double-doubles last season and had 12 20-point games. She ranks No. 21 in program history for points scored and No. 12 for rebounding.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Terry O'Keefe

Another big Portal pickup for Coach Ivey. We should be a really good top 10 type of team that has a shot at going to the Final Four next year. Of course you have to still play the games, avoid injuries, and players play up to expectation!! :rolleyes:

8. Terry O'Keefe

Heck of a day for
    ND Women's basketball. A top recruit added to the mix.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Terry O'Keefe

Women's lacrosse got an easy win in the 1st round match with Coastal Carolina, 24-6. Next up is likely to be Michigan.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Terry O'Keefe

Irish Women season comes to an in a heart breaker.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. — The fourth-ranked Notre Dame women’s lacrosse team fell in heartbreaking fashion to fifth-ranked Michigan Sunday in the NCAA Tournament Second Round as the Wolverines beat the buzzer to take the 15-14 decision.

On the men's side they won their 1st round match with Albany and will face the only team to beat them, Georgetown.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The top-seeded Irish outscored UAlbany 10-4 over the final 30 minutes of play to advance to the NCAA Championship quarterfinals in a first-round win over UAlbany by a score of 14-9 at Arlotta Stadium on Sunday evening.

No. 1 Notre Dame will face No. 8 Georgetown on Long Island in Hempstead, New York, on Saturday, May 18 at James M. Shuart Stadium. The winner will advance to Championship Weekend in Philadelphia over Memorial Day Weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Terry O'Keefe

We need to talk Scott!

The University of Notre Dame will begin the 2024 season in a prime time matchup at Texas A&M. The Fighting Irish and Aggies will kickoff at 7:30 p.m. ET in a national broadcast on ABC Saturday, August 31, 2024 at Kyle Field.

12. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

HAHa... well I'd love to help you out Terry... but as I said I would, I walked away from my season tickets and have now divorced myself completely from "college" football.
    I don't even know who Elko hired for his staff.
    With that said I would recommend if any of you ND folks can, do make the journey down to College Station. The Aggies take a lot of pride in bending over backward for visitors (not from Austin or Baton Rouge). Kyle Field is now an impressive venue with a lot of amenities that weren't around the last time we played.
    Wear your colors and just about any tailgate you pass will welcome you with open arms, and some food and drink.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I can vouch for Scott's characterization of A&M fans as hospitable. Years ago, when my son was a walk-on, I attended two successive Cotton Bowls following the 1992 and 93 seasons, both won by ND. I became an A&M fan. I was impressed with how their cheers were rabid but coordinated and unique. I found the A&M people we encountered to be just as Scott has described them.

Last edited: May 15, 2024 at 10:23 PM
  14. Terry O'Keefe

OK, I will work on my nephew who is a letterman (in golf). and has a lot of contacts.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Terry O'Keefe

Irish men's golf advanced to their first NCAA Championship. They finished 3rd in the Austin Regional behind the Longhorns and Tennessee.

It's being played at La Costa a resort north of San Diego. A place that used to host the season opening Tournament of Champions, that has since moved to Hawaii. I have stayed and played there, back in the early 80's.

• Like Like x 1
  16. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

My family went to a Cotton Bowl against A&M. Overall the fans were fun to banter with. And then they stole Tim Brown's towel....